Thanks to the University of our Lady of Fatima a market for places such as these was created and yes they have regular customers (like me hehehe) like med students.
Anyways here are some of the places that I have tried so far that I like... I must warn you most of them are coffee shops! LOL!
From what I have found out from doing some research Tully's is a US brand founded in Seattle, Washington that is slowly expanding Market here in the Philippines.
- Spacious and has lots of different kinds of tables and chairs including communal tables!
- Good coffee - not necessarily the best one but its good enough that you wont think that it is not worth the try. Note: I didn't like their chocolate bellacino, it was too bland and too milky
- Very accessible, just right off the highway across the new city hall
- Their staff are friendly (at least those that I have interacted with
- I didn't like their Chocolate Bellacino it was too bland and too milky
- Wifi is terrible, I know it's free but I couldn't get any work done. I regret my decision that night to leave my wifi at home.
- I stay at coffee shops for long periods of time trying to write and do some stuff over the net and it would be great if they could get a bigger washroom
|Inside by the window|
|cute wall with frames|
|more tables with comfy chairs|
|and yes there are more space upstairs!|
|big smoking area|
2. Roots and Herbs
Roots and Herbs is a fairly new player in the market with a menu that is quite innovative. From the my first impression they are presenting their shop with as a healthy coffee shop and that gave me a bit of hesitation, well you know healthy lifestyle stuff they kinda taste not that good, but when I finally gave in and tried what they offer it really isn't that too foreign to my tongue. I ordered their butterscotch frappe and it tasted great! I just think that they should try a different approach with their marketing so as not to scare some of their potential customers
- Good food and coffee!
- Cozy shop - if you like boutique shops this one is for you (valenzuela branch)
- Accessible - very near to OLFU (our lady of fatima university)
- LCD TV - if you are alone and trying to work a quick break from your routine can help a lot just by giving the LCD TV a quick peek
- Clean washroom - the place is quite small yet very clean specially their wash area
- They are open up to 2AM!!! that is a biggie for me!
- Mosquitoes! I had to constantly shoo them away... A mosquito light would help a lot please...
- Since its just right off the highway it's a bit noisy specially if the vehicles are fast... maybe putting in rubber in between the gaps of the glass panel would help reduce noise, keep the air conditioned better (not that it is hot) and keep the mosquitoes away
- So it says that it is a Self Service store, it would be nice if they take their customer's name and call them once their order is ready instead of the customers anticipating about it
- As always a separate washroom for men and women - but it is quite understandable that with the size of their store what they have is adequate enough
- The tables and chairs are a bit big for the place maybe a custom made